Thursday, September 4, 2008

a glass of chardonnay and a fading armani suit

Three days ago, I got a call from my editor asking if it was ok if she send me to an event outside school. I accepted. And after I hung up, I thought of what to wear. I was so excited. I actually thought it was a classy event of some sort. Like I have to wear a sexy, black dress. I'll be around elegant people. And I'll stand by the bar, sipping a glass of chardonnay, and I'll see a handsome gentleman in Armani suit looking at me from the other side.

The next day, I got a message from her (my editor) telling me to come in white t-shirt, jeans, and rubber shoes. Mmmmh? Am I dreaming? Oh dear. My visions of a night in a chateau with beautiful people were fading...

So I went to the park where this perte de temps program starts. It was past seven in the morning but it was already hot. The park was packed with students from different schools and, as I have expected they were noisy, loud, and definitely have no regard for manners. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...